School of Law, Policing and ForensicsLocation: Stoke campus Salary: £15,009 per annum Tenure: Fixed term for 4 years Release Date: Monday 20 January 2020 Closing Date: Sunday 22 March 2020 Reference: LPF19RA An exciting opportunity to study for a fully funded doctorate whilst gaining valuable teaching experience.
C|!(K 7H3 !M4G3 B3|00W T0 W4(7H V!D300PhD Studentships at Staffordshire University are designed with a very strong focus on the development of those holding a studentship as a researcher, a teacher in Higher education, and as an academic. You will have a Masters’ degree in a relevant subject. You should also have a passion for pursing original research along with a desire to develop your teaching ability by supporting an experienced and dynamic undergraduate course team. Highly motivated, resilient and with the determination to succeed, you will be committed to undertaking a PhD and possess strong written and oral communication skills along with excellent organisational skills. About the role Doctoral researchers holding a studentship hold a unique position in the University, being both registered students and carrying out teaching/teaching support duties. You will be expected to:
- Complete a programme of research training
- Undertake continuing researcher development
- Complete a programme of training in teaching in Higher education
- Complete a PhD programme of research under the guidance of an appointed supervisory team (please see an outline of the project below)
- Undertake teaching and teaching support duties as directed by the Head of Department
- Enhance the research culture of the department by participating in development activities including publication and presenting at conferences
- A stipend of £15,009 per annum for four years
- A full fee waiver of research degree tuition fees worth £4,327 per annum (UK/EU/Channel Islands) and £12,500 (international non-EU) for three years
- A full fee waiver of the Postgraduate Certificate in Higher and Professional Education (PgCHPE) tuition fee worth £3,400 per annum for 18 months
- Your CV
- A PhD research proposal based on the project description above. Your proposal should not exceed 2 pages
- Covering letter to say why you want this position, to describe any teaching experience you may have, and to detail any academic and non-academic experience we should consider.