Home Music African Music News Movie Entertainment
Connect with us

News

Reno Omokri slam Lai Mohammed over What He Called “Being Careful”

Published

on

Former President Goodluck Jonathan’s Aid, Reno Omokri, has slam Lai Mohammed Minister of Information and Culture, for saying that the Federal Government of Nigeria and its security agencies know the whereabouts of kidnappers and bandits but only being careful.

According to Reno Omokri, the Federal Government of Nigeria was not careful with #EndSARS protestors last October when soldiers allegedly opened fire on youths at the Lekki toll gate in Lagos, injuring over 30 protesters and allegedly killing some youths.

It was earlier reported that the minister of information and culture at a briefing on Tuesday said the government indeed knew the locations of kidnappers, adding that security agencies were only being careful to avoid civilian casualties.

“One of the most difficult things to do, for a democratically-elected government of Nigeria, is to use the instruments of coercion against its own people. For example, while the nation’s military have superior firepower over the rag tag band of Boko Haram and ISWA, the terrorists most often than not operate among the populace, either in our villages or towns, hence the military, in tackling them, is usually careful to avoid collateral damage.

“The same applies to the kidnappers who abduct our school children. Usually, the location of the kidnappers is not unknown to security forces, but they still have to exercise caution in order not to hurt the same children they are trying to rescue. Despite these inhibitions, the security forces have the wherewithal to decisively tackle the challenges,” Lai Mohammed had said.

Reacting to the press conference, Reno Omokri, in a string of tweets on Wednesday, wrote, “Lai Mohammed says the Buhari government knows where kidnappers are, but are only being ‘careful’. But why was the Buhari administration not careful during #LekkiMassacre, or when they massacred Nigerian Shiites? Why is their mercy only reserved for kidnappers?

“Lai, why is your government now appealing to bandits and herdsmen? Did you ‘appeal’ to #EndSARS protestors before massacring them, or to the people of Orlu before slaughtering them? The Buhari administration is a useless embarrassment!”

Advertisement

Advertisement
Share with friends:
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Edo Governor to Organise State Burial for Prof. Victor Uwaifo

Published

on

Edo State Governor - Obaseki

Edo State Government has said it would be organising a state burial for late music iconic maestro, Sir Prof. Victor Uwaifo, who passed on last month.

In a statement by Chief of Staff to Edo state Governor, Osaigbovo Iyoha, said the government is firming up arrangements with the family of the late music legend to ensure a successful state burial.

Sir Prof. Victor Uwaifo died on August 28, 2021, aged 80 years. He led an illustrious career as a musician, artist and arts teacher, taking the culture, experiences and sound of Edo people to a global audience.

According to Iyoha, “The Governor has approved a state burial for an illustrious and dearly beloved Edo music icon, Prof. Sir Victor Uwaifo.

The Edo State Government is working closely with the family of Prof. Uwaifo to ensure a seamless state burial. Arrangements are in top gear and we will disclose more details of the burial in conjunction with the family.”

Advertisement

Advertisement
Share with friends:
Continue Reading

News

PDP to APC – Acceptance of Wrecking Naira is a Sabotage

Published

on

PDP Flag

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) says the acceptance by the All Progressives Congress (APC) that it retained a Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor that allegedly supervised the sharing of money and looting of our treasury, is an admission that it deliberately sabotaged the economy and made life very difficult for Nigerians.

The PDP invites Nigerians to note the nerviness, uneasiness and tension that have gripped the APC since the call for the resignation and prosecution of the CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, was brought to the public, apparently for fear that such will definitely expose the atrocities of APC leaders.

Our party insists that by the comments of the APC National Secretary, Senator John Akpan Udoedehe, the APC deliberately kept a CBN Governor that supposedly supervised the “sharing and looting” of monies in office to enable APC leaders to pillage the CBN.

Akpan Udoedehe might want to be reminded that General Buhari, as he was then known, had in his campaign, promised to fight corruption, yet he retained a CBN Governor, who his party is now accusing of having superintend over “sharing and looting” of funds in the CBN.

Is it not revealing that six years down the line, with the naira heavily depreciated, the same CBN Governor, whom Akpan Udoedehe claimed to have supervised the “sharing and looting” of monies in CBN is still in office?

We call on the APC and the Buhari Presidency to come clean on their activities in the CBN that has brought the value of our naira to her knees and stop the horrible resort by the APC to blackmail those who are demanding for transparency and accountability in the nation’s fiscal sector.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Share with friends:
Continue Reading

News

Nigeria has Lost 2000 Persons to CoronaVirus since February 2020 – Min. Of Health

Published

on

The Min. of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, states that Nigeria has lost over 2,000 persons to Coronavirus since February 2020 (outbreak).

He disclosed this at the joint town hall meeting of the Presidential Steering Committee on COVID-19 and National Primary Healthcare Development Agency on COVID-19 Vaccination in Nigeria, South-south zone, which held in Benin City.

The minister disclosed that 90 per cent of those who have died from the pandemic across the globe were those who did not take the first or second dose of the vaccine, adding that it was God who has revealed to the scientists on how to manufacture the COVID-19 vaccines.

He said that the two sure ways available at the moment to safeguard oneself against the virus are the adherence to the non-pharmaceutical guidelines, which are social distancing, washing of the hands, using of hand sanitizer and the vaccine.

Dr Ehanire assured that the Federal Government would continue to work with the relevant agencies and stakeholders to ensure that the citizens get vaccinated, disclosing that the government is making plans to set up vaccine-producing plants in the country.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Share with friends:
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Nairagists.com